It helps to have a guilt-free sweet treat in the fridge that you can reach for when sugar cravings set in, doesn’t it? These mint carob squares are super easy to make, there is no sugar required as the sweetness from the carob and coconut oil is enough to satisfy your taste buds. These have been a hit at my ‘how to create a low-tox home using essential oils workshops‘ so I thought I had better share the recipe with you quick smart, so you can enjoy them in your home too.
What you will need:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup carob powder
4 drops peppermint essential oil (I use DoTERRA certified pure tested grade essential oils)
What to do:
- Immerse jar of coconut oil in hot water to melt.
- Mix melted coconut oil and carob powder together in a mixing bowl, until all dissolved.
- add peppermint essential oil, to taste. (Note: DoTERRA’s peppermint oil is really potent, 1 drop is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea).
- Pour into a silicone ice cube mould (I use one with 6 large squares, about double the size of the ones in this image, but you can use any size or shape you like).
- Place mould into freezer to set for 30 mins
- Remove squares from mould, serve and smile at how good it tastes.
Note: You can substitute peppermint essential oil with wild orange and/or cardamom (these two are great together).
If you would like to purchase DoTERRA peppermint essential oil without having to set up a wholesale account and you are based in Australia, you can do so via the Oh My Goodness online store at retail price until Midnight Sunday 13 May AEST. You will receive your order in 10 business days. (price is $35.00 retail, or $26.50 if you have a wholesale account – click here for information on how to set up a wholesale account).
If you are not based in Australia, I recommend setting up a wholesale DoTERRA account and getting the peppermint oil shipped to you from your regional warehouse, rather than paying for international shipping.