Nestled in the lively South Melbourne Market, Lola Berry’s Happy Place boasts a menu that’s paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, caffeine-free, and FODMAP friendly. No matter what diet you’re following, you’re guaranteed to find something tasty here.
The love child of Lola and long-term pal and business partner, Salvatore Malatesta (of St. Ali), Happy Place embodies Lola’s holistic approach to health and happiness. There are 12 seasonally-changing smoothies, each infused with the essence of native Australian bush flowers that promise to inspire everything from calmness to commitment.
You’ll also find a range of cold-pressed juices, crystal-infused waters, kombucha (on tap
!), bone broth, caffeine-free lattes, salads and raw treats. It’s the perfect place to pop in to for a mid-morning pick-me-up or a healthy lunch on-the-go.
And if the gorgeous smoothies and raw treats aren’t aesthetically pleasing enough for you, the space itself boasts cute window seating, energising crystals and an earthy concrete counter. Did we mention there’s a beautiful giant mirror on the ceiling so you can admire your super-food smoothies from every angle?
Read on for our top 5 picks from the menu:
- Beet & Hibiscus Latte: beautifully pink and potent, this combination is the ultimate winter warmer
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie: this smoothie is full of fall flavours – pumpkin, clove, cinnamon, almond milk, ABC butter, and sweetened with maple syrup and medjool dates
- Rainbow Yoga Bowl: the perfect balanced bowl – poached egg, sweet potato, hummus, broccoli, sauerkraut and more, complete with a paprika and almond butter dressing
- Shroom Latte: this coffee alternative is chock full of medicinal chaga mushrooms, chicory root and sweetened with stevia
- Choc Brownie Bowl: the ultimate guilt-free indulgence – banana, raw cacao, activated cashews, almond milk and maple syrup
Try them out and let us know what you think!
Oh, and if you want to know why we’re such huge fans of Lola and Happy Place, check out our Facebook Live interview with Lola.
Open 7am-5pm, 7 days a week
Stall 56, 117 Cecil St
South Melbourne VIC 3205
Want to be kept in the loop on the hottest healthy eating spots in Melbourne, Sydney, and beyond, and get access to exclusive giveaways? Sign up to our e-newsletter and become an OMG VIP, and follow OMG on Instagram and Snapchat for behind the scenes pics and footage.