This recipe from Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat has been a hit with dinner guests at OMG HQ, it’s packed full of flavour and crunchy texture.
You will need:
700g chicken mince
1 1/2 cups quinoa
375g water chestnuts, drained and chopped (you can also use daikon)
1 medium large knob ginger, chopped
1 small chilli (optional)
1/2 cup (100mL) tamari
1/4 cup (50mL) pure maple syrup
2 tbsp (50mL) macadamia nut oil
1 tbsp potato or corn flour
15 iceberg lettuce cups
5 sprigs coriander
Some carrot and capsicum strips
slivers of shallots as garnish
What to do:
- Rinse quinoa well and cook absorption method using 1 cup quinoa to 1 3/4 cups water
- Heat oil in wok, add mince, water chestnuts, chillies and ginger and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly to break up any lumps.
- Add tamari and maple syrup and cook further
- Mix potato or corn flour with a little water to thicken the mix slightly and give it some glossy appearance
- Add quinoa, stir through
- Check seasoning. Fill into washed and trimmed lettuce cups and garnish with sprinkled of carrots, shallot, capsicum, and coriander. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges on the side
If you want to know more about Gwinganna you can read my Escape story here.
Source: Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat www.gwinganna.com